First mention of Maruševec is in 1547 as a castle belonging to the Vragović family. Maruševec is a first category monument. It was owned by the Pongratz family until 1945 when they left for Graz. For a time it was used by the Ivanec Commune, then it was left empty and from 1969 it has been in the care of the Christian Adventists by whom it is used as a secondary school and the Adventist Theology Faculty til the end of 2000. Today castle is empty and in the process of returning to the former owners, Pongratz-Lippitt family.